Do you have annoying senpai around you?
If so, how do you deal with it?
Let’s have a listen to Casual Nihongo about this topic and learn some Japanese from this conversation!
– What are annoying Senpai like at the company where Kanta works?
今日のフレーズ (Today’s phrase)
Today’s phrase = red Kansai-ben = blue
お局 = an older woman (typically unmarried) that has worked in the office for a long time in the same position, who commands or leads others despite occupying a non-supervisory position, and who is perceived as intimidating and as frequently complaining.
Straw boss / Ms. Bossy Pants
– She is like a straw boss isn’t she?
あたりが強い = harsh
– My boss is only really harsh on me.
取り込む = install / take in / bring in
– Once I’m on good terms with my boss, everything will be better.
気に入られる = be one’s favorite
– A person who tries to be a kiss ass tends to be hated
ピリ辛 = ①a bit spicy ②harsh*
*Actually ピリ辛 doesn’t have the second meaning.
but I guess Kanta kinda created the meaning, which derives from 辛口(Karakuchi). 辛口 has two meanings①spicy ②harsh
– This ramen is a bit spicy and tastes really good.